Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 2010 Results / November 2010 Goals

Another month, another struggle for this online dabbler of the unlimited Texas hold ems.  First, let's take a look at my goals vs. what actually happened:

[X ]  Play at least 60,000 hands (I played 116,444 hands)
[ X ]  Watch at least 1 CR video per week
[  ]  Improve Double Barreling.  I'm not sure how to measure this exactly, though.  But want I want to do is to dub when a) I turned more equity (or still have good equity); or b) a scared card hit (scare card based on my opponents range of holdings). (Fail.  I never really paid much attention to it.)
[  ]  Do not look at HEM results or cashier more than 2 times per week. (Huge fail.  I looked at cashier and HEM results constantly.  I really need to just.stop.doing.it.)
[ / ]  Get to, and stay at NL50 (I almost have enough roll to play there now, but I will prolly start at 25NL mixing in some 50NL. (we'll call this 1/2 accomplished.  I played 27910 hands of 50NL Rush but I stunk.  Getting to 50NL will not be a goal for November.)
[  ]  Read Tommy Angelo's book again. (I did read some excerpts but ended up reading the latest Dexter release instead.)
[ / ]  Study for a minimum of 15 minutes per day -- generally in form of HH review; do at least 1 equity calculation. (I studied a a bit in the form of HH reviews, but didn't do much in the way of equity calcs.)
[  ] Edit:  Whenever I play 50NL+, I will play a maximum of 2 tables.  If I feel like "grinding", I will play 25NL or lower only (As discussed in a previous blog, I dropped the whole maximum of 2 tables.  In the end, I I love mass tabling and playing tons of hands). 

Overall, I ended up for the month thanks to bonuses and rakeback. 

November 2010 Goals:

[  ]  100,000 hands
[  ]  Positive winrate
[  ]  Stop looking at your results/graphs.  Seriously dude, don't look at it.  Poker is a long-term game.  No more than 1 time per week, okay? 
[  ]  Do session reviews at end of 5 of 7 days.
[  ] Lose 10 pounds

No comments: