Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stats for 2 Table Rush vs. 8 Table Rush

As I discussed in my last post, I have been playing 8 tables of FR Rush lately (4 of one level, 4 of another level). 

Here are the results and stats side by side (sorry about the formatting -- I'm a blogger newb):


                        2 Tables           8 Tables
Hands:              30,615             25011
$                      - 433                +306
Winrate:           -2.95bb/100     +6.82bb/100
VPIP:               13.4                 11.0
PFR:                 11.2                  9.2
3 Bet:                4.0%                2.9%
AF:                   2.33                 2.43
Steal:                39.2%              31.7% 
WTSD:             26.2%              26.1%
W$SD:             54.7%              59.1%
CB Flop:           68.9%              70.2%
CB Flop Win:    50.6%              49.3%
Riv Call Eff:        1.44                3.07
Sets:                   13.1                11.4 

In analyzing the stats, I am obviously playing tighter, stealing less, and 3 betting less.   I am winning more at showdown (makes sense since my starting hands are slightly better).  I am actually hitting less sets.  The biggest difference in stats appears to be my River Call Efficiency.  While this sounds the opposite of what it should, I feel like I am doing a better job with my river play - mostly in that I am not making hero calls on the river.  I think this is mostly because I don't have the time to talk myself into the call.  Instead I am relying on my insticts (based on reads, stats, how the hand went down) to quickly decide if it makes sense to call.  

For now, I will stick with 8 tabling Rush because a) I am winning; and more importantly, b) I am having fun getting tons of hands in.  It remains to be seen if in a few weeks I will be writing to say that I need to play less tables and really "think" about each and every decision.....   

No comments: