Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mid-month update

I promised myself that I would use this blog more often.  It is cool to look back at what I was thinking/doing with poker a year ago.  Man, I was a fish.  Man, I'm still a fish.  :-)

So this month has been difficult thus far.  I really struggled at the start of it with two tabling.  One of my goals was to only play two tables for the month of October.  I have failed that goal, but at least it was a conscious, thoughtful decision.  While two tabling does allow me to concentrate more, it also allows one of my biggest leaks to fester, and that is overthinking.  I am a classic overthinker.  I overthink even the (relatively) smallest of decisions.  When I overthink at a poker table one of two bad things usually happens:  1.  I get FPS thinking he has to be bluffing; or 2.  I fold too much thinking he has to have me beat.  Also, when I take a bad beat it affects me more and I go on tilt more easily.  I guess that's 3 things, lol.  Math skillz FTW.

When I play multi-tables I don't have time to overthink things and I don't tilt as much.  Granted, I am on auto pilot and I am not good enough that auto-piloting will make me a big winner, but it does cut down on a few of my leaks.  I would love to be able to find a coach that could that could devise a strategy that would allow me to just crank out hands because that is one of my favorite things to do.

So anyway, I decided to 8 table rush.  I am playing 25NLFR and 10NLFR and I'm really enjoying it.  I can get in around 1900 hands per hour, which is pretty sweet.  I am stacking the tables and I color-code them so I know which one is which.  I also use TableNinja for FT and that works great and helps lessen the confusion on which table since it auto-puts in bets.

 Anyway, I'm going to play like this for awhile and see what happens.  Like anything else I've tried, I will probably be blogging in a few weeks that I suck at playing that many tables and I need to play less tables to improve.  True story. 

No comments: