Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November Month End Results/December Goals

November 2010 Results

Twas a tale of two halves this month.  The first half of the month was the same ol' struggling player.  The 2nd half was a complete reversal.  Why?  I got a new coach and unlike the last time I had a coach, I am LISTENING and studying.  I do not think this is a reflection of my past coach -- but a reflection of my willingness to really make an effort taking notes and understanding what was being taught and then following through.  Most importantly, not being stubborn thinking I know what the hell I'm doing. 

So... the results compared to my goals:


[  ]  100,000 hands:  [I only go in 80,785 hands in.  I'm ok with that because I spent more time learning/studying.]
[X ]  Positive winrate.  [For the month:  .72bb/100.  LoL.  After the 15th:  5.56.  That is a huge friggin' difference folks!]
[  ]  Stop looking at your results/graphs.  Seriously dude, don't look at it.  Poker is a long-term game.  No more than 1 time per week, okay?  [Fail.  I looked at it quite a bit.  And it tilted me.  And it frustrated me.  And it got me to invest in another coach which has completely turned things around.  So, I failed the goal, but in the end it helped me.]
[ - ]  Do session reviews at end of 5 of 7 days. [I didn't keep track, but I was pretty close]
[  ] Lose 10 pounds [Ha ha ha ha ha ha]

December 2010 Goals
[  ]  80,000 hands
[  ] Get two more coaching sessions
[  ]  Have a positive winrate
[  ] Take shots at 50NL
[  ] Make Iron Man for 12th consecutive month and earn nice year end bonus.
[  ] Have fun in Disneyworld with the wife and kids. 

No comments: