Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ugh.... Again.

It was another horrible day for me as far as luck goes. Granted, I think I made a couple of mistakes that cost me some pots, but overall luck killed me. It always seems to happen when I think I've turned a corner or I think that I'm finally getting decent. Anyway, tonight I had just a horrible run of cards. Set of 3's beat by set of 4's; 10 minutes later set of 3's beat by a set of 5's. KK runs into AA twice. KK runs into set of Js. AA runs into a set of 7s. All in all, I lost $148 playing NL50. I have pissed of the poker gods big time. Whatever I did, I'm sorry and I promise not to do it anymore. :-) Maybe the doom switch has been turned on for me (I did withdraw 1500 this month so maybe that is why. lol).

I don't believe my goals for this month can be met now. Here's where I stand at 50NL and 100NL this month;

50NL:
Hands: 21,433
ptBB/100: -1.25
Profit/Loss: - 268.70

100NL:
Hands: 3,958
ptBB/100: +0.81
Profit/Loss: +64.45.

In total (which includes some very large losses at PS playing PL): -593.35. With rakeback included I'm down -125.02 for the month. Woo-hoo! Thank Goodness for rakeback.

PS - When I lose my roll at PS I'm not going back. Ever. I had a roll of 200, and now I'm down to 26 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! and playing NL10. I'm taking as a challenge to build back a roll 2-tabling NL10 while I play 6-8 tables on Full Tilt. Although I should probably just stop playing PS while FT is offering its year-end double points awards.

Speaking of Full Tilt awards, I'm in line for a $775 bonus for Iron man this year. That'll be sweet (if I don't lose more than that at the tables, that is!).

Can you tell how depressed I am? I mean, I feel like I'm playing better than ever and the cards have gone cold on me. I keep telling my wife and dad that in the long term poker is skill and in the short term its luck. Lets hope this 10 BI downswing over 21K hands is just short term bad luck. I do feel better as I'm up over $1,500 at NL50 FR since October with a 1.67 ptBB/100 (90,000 hands) . Not the best of rates, but at least that gives me confidence that things will turn around. Let's just hope that it happens sooner rather than later....

Later...

No comments: