Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bottom Falling Out/Adjusting to NL100

Remember my earlier post when I said that I should quit poker - not b/c I was running bad, but because I was running too good? Well, it happened - I came back to reality last night. I was down over $300 at one point. I managed to get it back to -160 by the end of the night. I think this is largely because some of the calls I was making (which were probably -EV, but I got lucky and won) finally stopped panning out for me. I also think some of it is adjusting to NL100. I don't necessarily find NL100 more difficult than NL50, but I am finding that perhaps some of the calls that are +EV at NL50 are not at NL100.

I also find that I seem to run better when I buy in short (60BB) at NL100. Not sure if that's luck or if its that I'm a bit afraid of the money and get lost on the turn/river when I have a full stack (when SSed, I'm pretty much committed by the turn).

I also really need to remember to fold those overpairs/TPTK where warranted (i.e. -I'm not folding everytime, but if I have a read, I shouldn't ignore it). I may be bluffed some, but its so hard to come back from a big hole, when I can find better spots to put my money in.

No comments: