Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rough Week

From my twitter posts, you've probably guessed that pokerz has been rough on me lately. Since my last twitter I topped out at being behind in my all-in EV by over $800 (which means that I won $800 LESS than what I should have when I got it all-in). This doesn't include all the times I was ahead but managed not to lose too much. It got so bad that I cashed out another $1,500 of my poker roll and moved down to NL50FR where the swong continued. I ultimately dropped about $1,000. OUCH!

I was so messed up from the bad beats and coolers that I couldn't get in the right frame of mind for my last session with my coach, Splitsuit to the point where we just had to quit (though I still got a lot out of the session).

After the session, I remembered that going to 6M for a bit helped me get out of the dumps in the past. So, I opened a few tables of NL50 6M and..... it has turned around. There are far more fish %age wise at 6M than there are at fullring and you see a lot more flops in 6M. For whatever reason I'm having a much easier time making reads (and the fact that I've flopped sets 18% vs. the 10% at fullring vs. standard of about 13% helps). This has helped restore some of the confidence I lost during my downswong.

So, I'll probably stay at 6M for a little while.

No comments: