Saturday, June 21, 2008

I need a plan

I need a plan. This month has totally sucked pokerwise (and work-wise for that matter). First off, all of the goals and thoughts I had in the last post are utter fucking blown. Forget about it. I need a fucking new plan.

I am so bad at poker its not even funny. Thing is, I honestly don't know why. I've watched video's, I've read books, I've posted hands on forums -- nothing helps. Probably because I am misunderstanding/misapplying everything I see/learn.

I need to have a plan and I need to be disciplined about it. I believe I spoke about playing less tables as one of the things I was going to do. I must stick with that. Four may be too many tables. Which, is a problem because I get bored with it easily and it will take forever to get in the hands I want to get in for my plan. Oh well. I must remain disciplined and stick to a MAX of 4 tables. Why just 4 tables? Its simple. I need to think long and hard about every single hand I play. I need to think out why I am taking the action I am taking; I need to think about my opponents ranges and how my hand fairs against that range. I need to have a plan for beyond the current betting round - I need to know if I bet the flop, what is my plan on the turn/river based on my opponents actions/cards that come out. Basically, I need to THINK. Just fucking THINK. I'm a fairly smart person so if I just fucking THINK I should be able to reach the goals I want to reach.

The plan: move down to lowly fucking 25NL 6M and play 10,000 hands until after such 10,000 hands, I have a winrate of over 3.0 ptBB/100. For a 1/2 way decent player, that should be easy as fucking pie. Not for me - cuz I suck. If I do not reach the wintrate, I will play another 10,000 hands. If I am still not there, I will play another 10,000 hands. Until I make the winrate as 25NL then I just don't fucking deserve to move up.

When (if) I finally accomplish that goal, then I will move up to 50NL, where I will start the process all over. So many beginners do this and rise on up. Me - I'm an experienced player with over 400K hands and I STILL SUCK.

Also part of the plan is to take at least 30 minutes after EVERY day or session to review my hands. I will devote another 30 minutes to posting a hand on the forums for review/comment.

I will show my 10,000 hand results here to embarrass myself.

No comments: