Tuesday, April 15, 2008

FR 10K Results

I suck. I did not get 3+ptbb/100 playing NL/PL50 FR over 10,000 hands. Not even close. I've had a number of terrible bad beats, yes, but in the end my problem is my complete and total inability to fold decent, but non-nut hands. I really get married to hands. If you've read my blog (which nobody has), you'll see I've stated this often and I STILL have not learned my lesson. I need to keep that fold button near and dear to my heart especially at the lower levels. Will I get bluffed off of the best hand sometimes? Sure. But more often than not a strong bet on the turn or a check-raised CB, or a raised CB, means my TPTK is no good, or my overpair is now not fairing well. But I don't see the yellow caution lites my opponents give me and I run right through the reds.

I will stop doing that. I have to, or I'll never succeed.

On a positive note, I have amped my PF aggression and opened up a lot (for me) in late position. I've also done well over at PokerStars playing NL/PL 25 FR. (running about 10 ptbb/100). And yes, I know I said I'd never play PS again, but they had a deposit bonus and so free money... Plus I really do like their software. I'll probably continue to play a few tables there and see if I can build a roll to get to 50NL/PL.

No comments: